Employment Oriented Guidance Programme (EOGP)
In pursuance of the ideals of Rabindranath Tagore ('Education has to be life-Sustaining’), Rabindra Bharati University introduced, in June, 1998 a self-financing guidance programme, the first of its kind among the Universities of West Bengal, for helping student succeed in various Competitive Examinations for employment and also in personality developments.
Under the Programme, guidance for the following courses is in progress at present:
||West Bengal Civil Services (W.B.C.S) Examination: Prelim. & Main + Combined with Spoken English.
||One year (three or four days in a week). Time: 2 pm to 7 pm.
||UGC-NET and SET (First Paper) for Humanities & Commerce.
||Four Months. (Saturday & Sunday). Time: 4 pm to 7 pm.
||School Service Commission Examination.
||Four to five months (three or four days in week). Time: 4 pm to 6 pm.
||Rs. 4500/- + Rs.3000/-
||Communicative English & Personality Development
||Certificate will be issued.
||Three months duration. (Saturday & Sunday). Time: 4 pm to 7 pm.
A plan has already been made to introduce soon guidance for the IAS Examination and Banking Examination.
Admission on First-Come-First-Serve basis.
Cost of Form: Rs.50/-.
(1) Approximately 20% - 25% success in NET/SET, and 35% success in SSC Examination.
(2) The success in WBCS Examination is noteworthy. Right from its inception in the year 1998, every year 4 to 5 candidates out of 30 candidates qualify in Group 'A'. Some of them also rank in the Test. Besides 6-8 Students qualify in Group 'C' and 'D'. A good number of students qualify in different Examinations like Clerkship, Miscellaneous, Food Inspectors, Sub-Inspectors etc in every year.
All courses mentioned above are organised and controlled by Rabindra Bharati University with the help of Employment Oriented Guidance Programme, under the Department of Adult Continuing Education Extension Work and Field Outreach. Besides the regular courses like W.B.C S. and S.S.C.E. etc, Employment oriented Guidance Programme also conducted pre-Examination Courses for Scheduled Caste, Religious Minorities and Other Backward Communities with the financial assistance of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
List of successfull candidates.
This Institution has highly qualified and well-experienced teachers in its Faculty Team, consisting of 40 teachers. Each Faculty Member is either an experienced University/College teacher or a retired University/College teacher.
The entire ground floor of the building named 'Sramik Vidyapith' within the University Campus is being used for the programme. The total area of the floor is 387 sq. meters and it has 10 rooms including 6 class rooms.
The Centre has a good Library cum Reading Room with more than 3000 books on relevant subjects for the competitive examinations. The library is managed by a full-time qualified Librarian. The Reading Room has also made available different kinds of journals and periodicals on matters of current interest for the students.
- Admission form will be available on all working days including Saturday and Sunday (except Wednesday) from 1p.m. - 6 p.m. Information Brochure will be supplied free with the form.
- Educational Qualifications (item 10 in the Application form) must be attested (Below the box) by any proper authority/person with office seal.
- Admission for all the courses, on payment of full fees, will be open throughout the year.
Phone No.: 033 - 25462770 / 9432102675
Time: 1.00 pm to 6.30 pm